*IZFS member names are in bold
Sincere thanks to @ZebrafishRock for help via the #DanioDigest. Follow them on Twitter for up to the moment Zebrafish community news!
- Dr. Tatjana Piotrowski (Stowers Institute for Medical Research) was appointed to as an editor of the Annual Review of Genetics (2022-2026)
- Dr. Christiane Nusslein-Volhard award an honorary doctorate by the Unversitat Pompeu Fabra. She is the eighteenth person and fifth woman to be so honored. Past honorees include Desmond Tutu, Sydney Brenner and Angela Y. Davis.
- Dr. Christa Merzdorf (Montana State University) awarded the Excellence In Outreach Award recognizing her efforts in creating and directing the Trails to Research Outreach program.
- Dr. Anna Huttenlocher (University of Wisconsin-Madison) awarded the university’s 2022 Hilldale Award for contributions to teaching, research and service.
- Dr. Kristie Willett (University of Mississippi) awarded the university’s 2022 Distinguished Research and Creative Achievement Award.
- Dr. Jennifer Hampton Hill (University of Utah) awarded the NOSTER & Science Microbiome Prize for her work with Drs. June Round and Charles Murtaugh.
- Dr. Aurora Kraus (University of New Mexico) awarded a 2022 Harold M.Weintraub Graduate Student Award for her work with Dr. Irene Salinas.
- Madeline Tompach awarded the Graduate Student Oral Presentation Award and Dr. Emily Marques awarded the Postdoctoral Poster Award at the Northeast Chapter of the Society of Toxicology meeting in Dec. 2021. Both scientists are working with Dr. Alicia Timme-Laragy at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- Dr. Mohini Sengupta (Washington University School of Medicine) received third place in the 2021 Mightex Research Excellence Award for her work with Dr. Martha Bagnall.
- Dr. Karissa Barthelson (University of Adelaide) awarded the 2021 Race Against Dementia post-doctoral fellowship from the Dementia Australia Research Foundation for her work with Dr. Michael Lardelli.
- Layra Cintrón-Rivera (Brown University), graduate student with Dr. Jessica Plavicki, awarded Honorable Mention for her image of the embryonic zebrafish nervous system in the 2021 Olympus Image of the Year Awards.
Would you like to have your news featured here? Did we miss something? Please send any community news to info@IZFS.org for publication in our next newsletter.