If you are not yet a member of the International Zebrafish Society, we strongly encourage you to join and to participate in the activities of your community society! Some of the benefits of membership include:
- Engagement with an international community of zebrafish researchers
- Ability to nominate, run for, and vote in the election of IZFS officers and board members
- Ability to serve on IZFS committees, (many committees will including trainee positions)
- Ability to post job openings to the IZFS jobs board
- Discounted registration fees for IZFS-sponsored conferences
- Eligibility for short talks at IZFS-sponsored conferences
- Eligibility for travel awards for students, postdocs, and teaching faculty to IZFS-sponsored conferences
- Eligibility for student and postdoc poster competitions at IZFS-sponsored conferences
- Quarterly “IZFS Splash” newsletter containing valuable information on zebrafish research community meetings, events, and issues.
- The Christine Beattie Travel Award is restricted to postdoc and graduate student members (additional restrictions apply)
- Ability to participate in the committees that evaluate nominees and select recipients for prestigious IZFS-sponsored awards, including the Chi-Bin Chien Award (for outstanding early career researchers who have made significant contributions to the field of zebrafish research and exhibit the generosity and openness that characterized and motivated Chi-Bin) and the George Streisinger Award (for senior investigators who have made outstanding and continued contributions to the advancement of the zebrafish field).
- As mentioned above, eligibility for student and postdoc poster awards and for student, postdoc, and teaching faculty travel awards for IZFS-sponsored conferences
- Add your voice to help support funding and policies that promote zebrafish research and education
Sign up now and become a participant in this vibrant and rapidly growing society dedicated to supporting and facilitating your research endeavors!