News from the Zebrafish Community
*IZFS member names are in bold
Sincere thanks to All Things Zebrafish @ZebrafishRock for help via the #DanioDigest. Follow him on Twitter for up to the moment Zebrafish community news!
- Dr. Keith Cheng (Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine), Dr. Karen Guillemin (University of Oregon), and Dr. Charles Hong (University of Maryland School of Medicine) were elected as Fellows of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Dr. John Rawls (Duke University School of Medicine) was elected as a Fellow of the American Academy of Microbiology.
- Dr. Michael Barresi (Smith College) was awarded the Viktor Hamburger Outstanding Educator prize by the Society for Developmental Biology
- Dr. Liz Patton (University of Edinburgh) was appointed as the new Editor-in-Chief of the journal Disease Models and Mechanisms.
- Dr. Gerald Downes (University of Massachusetts, Amherst) and Dr. Karuna Sampath (University of Warwick) were appointed as Associate Editors of the journal Genetics.
- Dr. Joshua Wythe was promoted to Associate Professor at Baylor College of Medicine.
- Dr. Bushra Raj will join the University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine as an Assistant Professor.
- Dr. Rebecca Adikes will join Siena College as an Assistant Professor.
- Dr. Rita Mateus will join the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics as a Group Leader.
- Dr. Héctor Sánchez-Iranzo will join the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology as a Group Leader.
- Dr. Savani Anbalagan will join the Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology at the University of Adam Mickiewicz Poznán as a Group Leader.
- Dr. James Allen, a postdoctoral fellow in Dr. David Langenau's laboratory at the Massachusetts General Hospital, was awarded a HHMI Hanna Gray Fellowship.
- Amy Robbins, a graduate student in Dr. Kryn Stankunas' laboratory at the University of Oregon, was the top presenter in the Basic Research category at the Oregon Bioscience Association's 2020 Pitch & Partner competition.
- Gabrielle Voithofer, a 2020 graduate of Salisbury University, was awarded a Fulbright Fellowship to study a zebrafish model of McArdle's disease in Dr. Marta Migocka-Patrazlek's laboratory at the University of Wroclaw.
Would you like to have your news featured here? Please send any community news to info@IZFS.org for publication in our next newsletter.