Call for Nominations: 2023 George Streisinger & Chi-Bin Chien Awards
Dear Zebrafish Community,
The International Zebrafish Society (IZFS) is pleased to announce the call for nominations for our two prestigious annual awards – The George Streisinger and the Chi-Bin Chien Awards. Members of the zebrafish community are invited to submit nominations by February 2, 2023.
About the Awards
The George Streisinger Award recognizes senior investigators in the zebrafish community who have made outstanding and continued contributions to the advancement of the field.
Among the criteria that may be considered:
- Contributions in the form of conceptual advances that have opened important new research directions
- Development of tools or resources that have been transformative in enabling new research possibilities
- Service to the Zebrafish research community
Nominations should be submitted by e-mail with the subject line “George Streisinger Award” to email@example.com. The email should include a single PDF file that contains:
- A statement (up to one page) written by the nominators describing the key contributions of the nominee to the field.
- The statement must be co-signed by two or more IZFS members who support the nomination.
- A list of up to ten publications or links to online resources or databases that illustrate the central contributions of the nominee to the field.
The Chi-Bin Chien Award recognizes outstanding graduate students, postdoctoral trainees, or recently appointed faculty members from any country who have made significant contributions to the field of zebrafish research and have exhibited the generosity and openness that characterized and motivated Chi-Bin Chien.
Mentors of PhD or post-doctoral trainees of the zebrafish community are invited to submit nominations for the Chi-Bin Chien Award.
Nominations should be submitted by e-mail with the subject line “Chi-Bin Chien Award” to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should include a single PDF file that contains:
- A one-page statement from the nominee describing his/her research and its importance to the advancement of zebrafish research.
- The nominee's CV
- Letter of recommendation from the mentor.
- Letter of recommendation from one additional scholar who is familiar with the research being described in the application
We hope you will consider submitting a nomination.
Corinne Houart, PhD
Awards Committee Chair
Kathleen Whitlock, PhD