IZFS invites you to submit an abstract and register for the 10th Strategic Conference of Zebrafish Investigators (SCZI), taking place January 6-9, 2024. This meeting is fully in-person and all presenters are expected to attend in person at the beautiful Asilomar Conference Grounds in Pacific Grove, California, USA.
Call for abstracts now closed
- Call for Abstracts Open: July 10, 2023
- Submission Deadline: August 28, 2023 at 11:59pm ET
- Decisions sent in Early November.
- Abstract submission is through the online system.
- If you require special permissions or authorizations with regards to your abstract, they must be received prior to submission.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- If you submitted an abstract for an oral presentation and are not selected for an oral presentation you can chose to present as a poster.
Please note the following criteria:
- There is no fee to submit an abstract
- All abstract submissions must be original research and meet international ethical standards
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented in English, the system may not correctly recognize other languages or characters
- You must be registered to submit an abstract for the 10th SCZI
Abstracts should adhere to the following format.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically via the online submission system by the given deadline of August 28, 2024.
- A maximum of 2 abstracts can be submitted by a single individual.
- Please submit an abstract for the topics listed below, selecting a primary and secondary category
- A preferred presentation mode should be selected during the submission from the following options: Oral Presentation and/or Poster Presentation.
- Once submitted, an abstract can be revised up until the abstract submission deadline of August 28, 2024
- All abstracts will be reviewed on the basis of their scientific content and formatting.
- Accepted abstracts will be allocated to an oral or poster session, depending on the author's preference and the final meeting schedule.
You will be asked to list the name, email and affiliation each co-author. However, all communications and notifications regarding abstract submissions will be sent only to the presenting author. The submitting author does not need to be the presenting author.
You will also select if the presentation will be Oral or Poster. If you select Oral presentation and it is not chosen for an Oral presentation you will be asked if you would like to do a Poster.
The maximum word count is 300 words.
Abstract Submission Categories:
- Blood & Lymphatic Systems
- Brain, Neural Circuits & Behavior
- Cancer & Growth Control
- Cardiac, Craniofacial & Musculoskeletal systems
- Disease Models
- Ecology & Evolution
- Emerging Technologies – Imaging & Omics
- Gene Regulation, Epigenetics & Genomics
- Germline & Early Development
- Infection & Immunity
- Morphogenesis, Polarity and Migration
- Neurobiology & Sensory Systems
- Physiology & Metabolism
- Regeneration & Stem cells
- Toxicology & Chemical Biology
The SCZI Organizing Committee & Planning Committee will review all abstracts following the submission deadline.
The Committee shall be directed to reject abstracts for the following causes:
- Plagiarism Detected
- Subject not related to the field of Zebrafish Research
- Does not meet basic submission requirements
Presenting authors will be notified via e-mail of their abstract being selected as an oral presentation or poster presentation. If you have not received notification by Mid-November, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.