Chinese Society of Cell Biology (CSCB)
Description and Details:
The Chinese Society for Cell Biology (CSCB) is one of the leading scientific organizations in China with over 15,000 members. The CSCB is dedicated to serving the scientific community, and educating the general public in cell biology and biomedicine.
Cell Regeneration (https://cellregeneration.springeropen.com/) is a fully Open Access journal officially affiliated with the CSCB. The journal aims to provide a worldwide platform for researches on stem cells and regenerative biology to develop basic science and to foster its clinical translation in medicine. To help build on the success of Cell Regeneration and to explore more exciting opportunities representing the journal outside of China, we’re seeking a part-time Vice Editor-in-Chief. A competitive honorarium will be offered based on candidate's experience.
We expect that the Vice Editor-in-Chief will recruit high-quality papers and increase the impact of the journal. The candidate will be also expected to coordinate with the Editor-in-Chief to oversee manuscript review and make the first decision for manuscript reviewing. The Vice Editor-in-Chief will be assisted by our professional in-house editorial office.
- Current academic employment in a tenured or equivalent faculty position at a research university or institution. Candidates outside of China will be preferred.
- Familiarity with Cell Regeneration’s aims and scope; Professional expertise, interest and experience in appropriate contents relevant to the journal. Involvement with the journal as a previously published author, reviewer, associate editor or editorial board member will be preferred.
- A passion for scientific journals publishing with a good interpersonal relationship in the related scientific community.
The successful candidate will play an important role as the representative of Cell Regeneration, especially at the outside of China. The candidate will liaise extensively with experts in the international scientific community. We do expect the Vice Editor-in-Chief attends the editorial board meeting of Cell Regeneration. The expenses of the travel to China will be covered.
How to Apply:
- Application should include the following:
- A letter of application that addresses how the applicant meets the selection criteria and the vision for the journal, up to two pages.
- A curriculum vita. Please send all the materials to: EIC-CellReg@cscb.org.cn